- We believe there is one God, exsistent in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
- We believe the Holy Spirit convicts of sin, brings about regeneration, baptizes, indwells, seals and empowers believers for holy living.
- We believe human beings are sinful and in need of reconciliation with God.
- We believe salvation is a gift of God and not a result of works.
- We believe a person who has genuinely repented of sin and trusted Jesus as Lord is eternally secure in their salvation.
- We believe baptism and the Lord’s Supper are the two ordinances administered by the local church. Baptism is an act of obedience. The Lord’s Supper symbolizes the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus.
For a complete statement of beliefs. See the Baptist Faith and Message (2000)
Missional Focus | Making Disciples
Oak Grove takes seriously the scriptural mandate to make disciples. Locally each month we minister at Godtel and at an apartment complex.
In so doing, we provide meals, play with kids, engage adults and share the good news of Christ from scripture. We also carry the gospel beyond Nacogdoches with mission trips to Wichita, Kansas; Arlington; Piedras Negras, Mexico; and a variety of small towns in north and northeast Brazil.
A portion of the cost of the trips for our volunteers is paid by the church. Typically, our mission trips are proceeded with a 30 day period of spiritual preparation.